Friday, August 16, 2013

Status Update: Earning United Miles

July was about talking about earning MileagePlus miles. August is suppose to be about earning MileagePlus miles. I am failing. As of this moment, only 650 miles have been credited to my account.


This is a far cry of having 75,000 earned by August 31 and banked them by September 30. Here is a list of activities that I completed and am waiting to be credited to my account:

Transfer from Emiles (500 Miles)
Purchase from Kiehl's through Shopping Portal (100 miles)
Purchased Wines (2000)
Purchase Marriott Gift Cards (1500)
Ordered from Peapod (600)
3x First Friday Chase Sapphire Dining Promotion (1900 - Business Lunch Yes!)
------
Total: 6,600+ 650 (above) = 7,250

Also, I have applied and been approved for the Chase Ink Bold. If I can get the card and spend $5,000, I will get a minimum 55,000 points. So achieving the 75,000 mile goal hangs in the balance of getting this credit card.

Here are a road map of additional promotions I plan on participating in to earn miles:

Purchase Nationals Tickets from Score Big
Participate in United Dinning Rewards
Open Investment Account
Order from GILT
Transfer from eRewards

Finally, I plan on transferring any points earned on my Chase Sapphire in August to United.

I have the plan to earn 75,000 miles, but I need to get serious about doing it.

Am I missing out on any other ways to earn easy MileagePlus miles?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment