Thursday, August 8, 2013

Just Pay It Forward

Yahoo has an article about a complete stranger paying for someone else's bag fee. No, this story doesn't end in the airport getting shut down, a terminal being evacuated and a SWAT team being called in. Actually, there is no ending yet.

The articles explains that "Andy" was at the baggage counter paying for his check bag (I know mistake #1, he is paying for a checked bag. Has he never heard of airline credit cards?) and his credit card was declined. Andy walks away upset and embarrassed:


"Having my card declined was extremely embarrassing, even though I didn't know a single soul in that airport," the Reddit user, who asked to be identified by just his first name, Andy, told Yahoo! Shine."
The story has a very happy ending.
 "When he returned to the counter, a Good Samaritan had generously paid his baggage fee and left a note:
'Hey, I heard them say your card was declined. I know how it feels. Your bag fee's on me. Just pay it forward the next time you get a chance. Have a safe flight. :)'"



Andy doesn't know what he will do to repay the favor, but he promises to do something.
"I think it will be a random decision, a spur-of-the-moment type thing," he explained. "I really don't think that that person walked into that airport, saying, 'I'm going to pay someone's baggage fee today.' So neither will I."
Just like he should! 
Have you ever done something traveling like this for a fellow passenger?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment