Saturday, August 10, 2013

Opinion Outpost Now Offering MileagePlus Miles

Earlier this week, I received an email from Opinion Outpost, one of the survey companies I participate in, notifying me that they are offering MileagePlus miles as a reward option now.


Opinion Outpost is a survey company that offers rewards for completing surveys



I was excited at first at a new way to earn MileagePlus award miles. That was until I saw the conversation rates:















This might not mean anything until I mention that Opinion Outpost points can be exchanged for cash at the following ratio:



















Therefore, the 350 points it would take to earn 1,000 MileagePlus miles could earn you $35.00 as well. This is the almost the same cost of buying them directly from United.


In addition, Opinion Outpost is notorious for having you take surveys for 15 minutes and kicking you out. This results in you earning zero points. A lose-lose situation.

Lesson here: always comparison shop! What looks like a good deal on its face, but not look good from its behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment