Friday, August 16, 2013

My Fear Becomes Reality

I wrote here about how my new Bank of America Alaska Airlines credit card was preregistered for Dining Rewards. In that post, I predicted that my preregistration would come with no or low sign-up bonus.


A few weeks ago, I received this letter from Alaska Dining Rewards welcoming me to the program:





The letter offers me "500 miles for spending $30 within one days 30 days of creating [my] profile and registering. 500 miles is better than nothing, so I should be happy. However, I'm not.

I strongly believe that this auto-registering after applying for a new card will continue. As I wrote previously, this auto-registration saves Dining Rewards money. They have less people who could qualify for increased sign-up bonus like the 1,500 United bonus miles offer.

I hate being right sometimes. And I hope that this is a outlier and not the "New Normal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment