Sunday, August 4, 2013

Recap of Q2 and The Rest of the Year

One of the reasons I am writing this blog is to keep a journal of my crazy doings in my late twenties. Here is a little update on what has happened in Q2 and what I have on deck for the rest of the year:

Quarter 2
  • I earned 300,000+ points in Q2 for a total of a little less than 500,000 this year
    • Need to change year goal of 600,000 miles earned
  • Visit a new state on my trip to Texas
  • Tried Gordough's Doughnuts (more here)
  • Obtained my Southwest Companion Pass
  • Completed the Chase Hyatt Card Spring Bonus
  • Cancelled the British Airways Card
  • Got three new credit cards, read more here
Quarter 3
  • Blog Turns 1
  • Complete Hyatt 5,000 bonus miles after $3,000 spend (Summer), read more here
  • Decided what to do with United & US Airways Credit Cards - Bye Bye or Annual Fee Time???
  • What credit cards for next application? Ink Bold?
  • Earn Mucho MileagePlus miles in August
Upcoming Travel 
  • August - New York City
  • Columbus Day Weekend - Norfolk, VA
  • October - Will Travel for College Football: NorthWestern
  • November - Memphis Mileage Run 
  • November - 10 Year High School Reunion
  • December - Buenos Aires with Mom
  • December - Will travel for College Football: D3 Championship???
  • December - End of Year Trip
Things I am Working On For The Blog
  • A stand along website
  • Is Alaska the best airline for newbies?
  • Anatomy of a Mileage Run
  • How many United miles can I earn in one month?
  • Some other things....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

Have a question for us? E-mail us at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment