Thursday, May 30, 2013

When Life Throws You A Curveball....

When life throws you a curveball, you have two choices. Either, one can take a called strike and wait for a better pitch or turn that curveball into a double.  My childhood was dominated by baseball; playing, watching and trading baseball cards, so many of my life lessons revolve around baseball metaphors.

Late last week, I was thrown a curveball. My baby sister called and informed me that she was moving to Austin for a job. I was so excited for her. Then came the ask. "Can you come to Austin with me next weekend to look at apartments?" Really? Drop everything, take time off of work, and buy an expensive ticket to visit a different city? Of course!

So, this weekend I am head to the state of Texas.  This is the fifth out of the past six weekends that I won't be in Washington, DC. Honestly, the travel schedule is starting to ware on me, but I am loving every moment. Over the past six weeks, I will have traveled to all four time zones in the United States \
(San Francisco, Colorado Spring, Austin, & Connecticut).

I am excited to visit Austin, because I have only heard great things about the city. Great food, great drinks and even better people. However, my work schedule has not allowed much time but I have not had time to do research. So, I need help my fellow travelers. I need suggestions on places to visit for the following categories:

    1) Best Doughnut

    2) Best BBQ Place

    3) Best Must See Spot (restaurant, attraction or street sign)

    4) Best Area for A Young 20 something Professional to Live

Life throws you curveballs from time to time. Its what you do with those curveballs that matter. For me, I am taking this curveball all the way to Texas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

 Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

1 comment:

  1. Franklin's for BBQ. But you'll be waiting in line for a few hours to get it and lucky if he doesn't sell out before you get to the counter.

    ReplyDelete