Saturday, May 25, 2013

Best BBQ In America

Foursquare is out with America's Favorite BBQ Joints. The list is based upon the BBQ Joints with the most check-ins last summer. This is a popularity contest and popularity does not always equal quality.

I am OBSESSED with BBQ: morning, noon and night, I could eat it everyday. I don't discriminate either. Wet, Dry, North Carolina, Memphis, Texas Style...bring it on. So, this list excited me and made me want to visit. One observation is the list is city-heavy probably due to the shear size of Foursquare users who live in or around cities.

The list is in no particular order:

Dinosaur BBQ, New York, New York


Phil's BBQ, San Diego, California




Hill Country Barbecue Market, New York, New York



The Salt Lick, Driftwood, Texas



Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering, Kansas City, Kansas



Fette Sau, Brooklyn, N.Y.

 

Slows Bar-B-Q, Detroit, Michigan


Food, Wine and Miles visited Slows recently and high endorsed. 

Fox Bros Bar-B-Q, Atlanta, Georgia



Stubb's Bar-B-Q, Austin, Texas


The Pit, Raleigh, North Carolina


The list of places to visit and eat continues to grow!

Do you have any must eat BBQ places?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, they are missing quite a few! I've been to Dinosaur - its good but doesn't rate top 50. Salt Lick has a restaurant at Austin Airport - I had pulled pork sliders that were great. Also in Austin, I went to Franklin's with Deltapoints and Noobtraveler on Tuesday. Its been featured on the Travel Channel - totally amazing. In December, I went to RSVP in Memphis- which was fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, thank you for the recommendations. I am actually headed to Austin next weekend and will have to try Franklin's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can also speak for Hill Country and Fette Sau - both excellent! (Hill Country more for the brisket than anything else, Fette Sau for the pork shoulder)

    ReplyDelete