Friday, May 3, 2013

Look What I Got In My Mailbox

Yesterday, my mailbox was filled with many diffrent things.

First, an offer from my Banana Republic Visa:



The offer is 5 Points per $1 at Grocery Stores and 3 Points per $1 at Restaurants. I might take them up on the grocery offer, as I don't have a card now offering more than 1 point. This offer is from May 1st until June 30th. No registration required.

The next thing is my new razor from Dollar Shave Club. I decided to move up to the $6 blade from the $1 blade. I like the $1 blade, but I wanted to see if there was a difference.


Also, there cards that they include every month are hilarious. This month's is: "Your Mother-In-Law Should Be Irritating. Not Your Razor." He He He . . . 

The final thing was a letter from my Hilton AMEX letting me know about the changes to Hilton AXON rewards. Many people have written about it here, here, and here. However, I found the letter a little cold and   plane rude.

The last line is the one that is the one that stings the worse:

          "If you are not satisfied with these changes you can cancel your account by calling us at
           1-800-297-1000 before June 15, 2013. If you cancel, the changes won't impact your account.
           However, you won't be able to use your Card for new transactions and you'll still have to pay down
           your balance."

Telling me accept this change or we'll shut down your card is no way to win loyalty, American Express! Your acting like United, now.

 





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment