Friday, December 7, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

"There's no place like home"

I'm from Kansas originally so this movie quote was thrown at me anytime I told people where I was from so I have always hated it, but this week I found myself muttering this to myself as I walked off the plane just in time to catch the last hour of my Dad's 50th birthday.

I love my parents and I am an only child and I consider them to be my best friends, but living across the country from each other (DC and Seattle) always has its challenges. So as his birthday drew closer and closer I was kicking myself that I would be in Washington DC and them in Seattle for such a milestone birthday.

Luckily....the miles and points gods came to save me! US Airways offered a fare of $260RT from DC and I immediately hopped on the deal and never looked back.

I landed in Seattle on Wednesday night after going from DCA-PHX-SEA just in time to celebrate the last hour of my father's birthday with him.

Yes this trip added to my mileage balance and it's going to put me over the top for United Silver, but that all means nothing compared to how amazing it feels to be here, celebrating a birthday with my best friends.

Don't worry though, I'll soon have a review of a restaurant south of Seattle with banana bread so good...someone broke down the doors to steal it.

It's great to travel and travel well, but it's always better to travel when family is at the other end of the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment