Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas from a Lufthansa Lounge

Just off my Christmas Eve flight to Frankfurt and I am killing time in a Lufthansa lounge waiting for my ANA Dreamliner flight. The airport and lounge are dead. It is kind of scary in a way (the first thing that came to my mind was the movie 28 Days & 28 Days Later, where zombies take over England and leave the city empty).

Dulles was very empty, last night, in Concourse B, which holds the international airlines, as well. There were flights taking off around 5pm, but no passengers.  It was so dead that Lufthansa closed their business lounge and let all customer in the Senator's lounge. Speaking of the Senators lounge, I had one of the best beef dishes in a long time there: braised beef tenderloin tips with roasted mushrooms in a sherry sauce. All I cansay is that it was amazing. I had to take a minute and have a moment with my food, that good. :) 

On a separate note, I am questioning my decision to upgrade to United First Class. I don't think it was worth the extra 7500 miles (no first class offered on ANA flight - two cabin.) The service was average, the food was a small step above business class (ie soup course) above and I was treated pretty crappy on the ground (I am sad to say the latter might be because of my age and how I was dressed). Regardless, I am super excited for my next flight. Hopefully, I can fall a sleep, maybe with the help of Night-quill. 

The reason for the post was to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and safe travels to all. The game will be around tomorrow, so spend today doing what matters : spending time with family!

Fröhliche Weihnachten!!!! (Merry Christmas in German, as I learned!)

A few pictures of the journey so far:

No lines to check-in at United (even Economy)
Almost Empty Concourse "B"

My Christmas Eve Dinner (yummy beef on bottom right!)

Average Soup for Dinner

Best Part of Dinner on the Plane
 Look at this super cool Ginger Bread house located in the Lufthansa lounge:


It even has little Hansel and Gretel running away from the scary women . . .  



No comments:

Post a Comment