Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I am going on a mattress run!!!

A few days ago, I called Hilton to confirm a few details about my stay in Tokyo. While on the phone, I got an interesting offer. The conversation went something like this:

Hilton Rep: I want to thank you for being a Gold member with us. How have you enjoyed your status?

Me: I have only used it once, but it was nice to get breakfast and a better room.

Hilton Rep: I see that your status is expiring in March 2013.

Me: I think that is correct.

Hilton Rep: Would you like the opportunity to keep it for 2013?

Me: That would be great, but I don't think I can hit the required stays by the end of month.

Hilton Rep: Well....can you complete 4 different stays with us in the next 90 days?

Me: Hmmm...I already have 1 book for Tokyo and a conference in February in Connecticut that is at a 
       Hilton. So, I need to stay 2 more times. I think I can do that. When would my status expire?

Hilton Rep: I you stay 4 more times in 90 days, your status would be renewed until March 2014. You would 
                  need to complete the normal requirements of 16 stays or 36 nights.

Me: Awesome. I accept the challenge. 

One thing you need to know about me is that I never turn down a challenge. So, I needed two additional stays in 90 days. I went back to work and an hour late, it hit me...Hilton is having an amazing 50% off sale...there has to be cheap hotel stays now (go here for the sale page). 

A quick search of hotels in Washington, DC turned up a $39 stay at the DCA Hilton and $45 stay at DCA Doubletree. For about $100 all-in, I will complete the two extra stays I need for my Gold status in 2013.

Before having status, I did not know what the big deal of having status was. Here is what Gold Status gets you at Hilton:

  • Quick reservations and check-ins based on your room preferences
  • Late check-out*
  • Express check-out
  • Spouse stays free**
  • Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs†
  • Two complimentary bottles of water per stay 
And....

MY WAY GOLD MEMBERSHIP HOTEL BENEFITS:††
Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
  • Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
  • 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or one in-room movie per stay
Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™
  • Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
  • 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Embassy Suites Hotels™
  • 500 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or two snack/refreshment choices per stay
Hilton Garden Inn™
  • 750 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Hampton Inn™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™
  • 250 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or choice of snack and bottled water
Home2 Suites by Hilton™
  • 100 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or choice of snack and bottled water
Hilton Grand Vacations™
  • 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay
Gold Status won't get you an amazing value, but the ability to check-out late will help in Tokyo, because I have a 6pm flight. Also, the breakfast benefit is nice and will save me money.

So...next weekend, I am going on a mattress run. $100 for two nights towards status is to good to pass up.


1 comment:

  1. catalogue has several models from the top-selling brands including Sealy, Serta, Stearns & Foster and Simmons. Call or email about specialty beds. We have the connections to save you money. Same mattress. Their loss. Your gain.

    ReplyDelete