Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I saved $182 by reading a blog!


Catchy title, huh? 

During my lunch break is where I scan the blogs. A few days ago, I was reading MileValue's post and it caught my attention. I am not going to share his work, because he put a ton of work into this post. If you want to see how I saved so much money, read his post.

All I will say is that him pointing out this Hilton promotion, saved me 50% on a hotel night in Tokyo that I had to pay out of pocket. The promotion that he found dropped the night rate cheaper than the prepaid rate. Oh, the kicker is that this rate can be cancelled without penalty.

I write this not to brag, but hopefully teach a small lesson. Reading a diverse collection of blogs is important and helpful. There are too many frequent flyer programs, hotel chains, and promotions between them for a few bloggers to write about. Variety is important in more ways than the buffet at the hotel you’re staying at for 7 days. One blogger might find a deal, while others are writing about something else. You never know when a deal might help save you $$$.

So, I send me gratitude to MileValue for saving me money and I hope I can return the favor to him someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment