Saturday, December 8, 2012

Groupon and LivingSocial


I must confess. Two years ago, I was a Groupon and LivingSocial addict. I would buy daily deals almost every week. I would try new restaurants, visit new museums, and do new activities.

I had to pull the plug on my love of Groupon and LivingSocial. I came to this realization when I looked at the number of Groupons, I bought, but had expired without me using them. I was wasting too much money and not getting a return on my money.

Something changed over the past month and I am buying Groupons and Livingsocial deals again, but I am being selective. A Groupon to my favorite restaurant, great! A Livingsocial deal to Brookstone, perfect!

My courtship with Groupons and Livingsocial has been triggered by two things:  a new found self control and founding out that I can earn points for buying these deals. Many of the shopping portals are giving points out for buying deals from Groupon and Livingsocial.

Here are a few of the current point offers:

LivingSocial:

Chase Ultimate Rewards: 3 pts per/$ 
United Milageplus: 2 pts per/$ 
USAirways: 2 pts per/$ 
American Airlines AAdvantage: 3 pts per/$ 
Delta: 2 pts per/$ 
Southwest: 2 pts per/$ 
Priority Club: 3 pts per/$ 

Groupon:

Chase Ultimate Rewards: 4 pts per/$ 
United Milageplus: 2 pts per/$ 
USAirways: 1 pts per/$ 
American Airlines AAdvantage: 2 pts per/$ 
Delta: 2 pts per/$ 
Priority Club: 3 pts per/$ 
Southwest: 2 pts per/$ 

By taking an extra minute by going through a shopping portal first, you will earn points on every dollar that you spend. It is important to note that you will earn points only on the money that you spend. For example, if you get a $50 Groupon to a new restaurant for $25, you will earn points on the $25. Using the Chase Ultimate Rewards, that 100 points for an extra minutes worth of work. 

Take an extra minute and earn points for those Groupons and LivingSocial!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. Getting good deals can be addictive. This behavior is not hard to explain and I think that both men and women can end up getting deals that they never even have the time to use.

    The thrill of saving money is the thrill of victory. You've gained something by using your network and by using information wisely. However, being selective about the deals does help to ensure that you really do benefit in every way possible.

    ReplyDelete