Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Singing On The Toliet

The other day, I popped into a public restroom at a downtown DC museum. I really needed to go to the bathroom and downtown your "free" options are limited to fast-food restaurants and museums. Unlike fast-food restaurants' bathrooms, museum bathrooms tend to be well-maintained.

As I enter the bathroom, I heard a weird noise. I could decipher what it was, but didn't care as I had a mission. After entering the bathroom stall, I finally figured out what the noise was: the person in the stall next to me singing. Yes, the guy was belting out a number.

Photo Credit: Huffington Post
At first, I was positive that he was singing because he thought he was alone in the bathroom. However, after a minute or two, the singing turned into humming. Then quickly back to singing. Soon he was finished with his business, but the singing didn't stop. He kept going while washing and drying his hands and on his way out of the door.

I know bathrooms have great acoustics, but this situation was awkward. If you are at home, sing all you want in the bathroom, but it public, keep it to yourself!

Am I wrong here? Has this ever happened to you?

          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jdteitelman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment