Friday, February 14, 2014

1 Stay = 14,543 Points

Last weekend, I had a 2 night stay at a Hilton Conference Center. Overall, the stay was good except for the lack of hot water one morning.


On Tuesday, I checked my Hilton account and learned that I earned 11,643 points from 1 stay.



As you can see, the points earned cam from multiple different sources.

First, I earned 7,000 points from the most recent Hilton promotion, as I wrote here. 1,000 points per night (2,000) + 5,000 points for staying 2 nights = 7,000!

Then the base points come from my bill. You earn 10 pts per $1 spent at the hotel minus certain expenses like taxes. I spent $266.50 at the hotel. That earned me 2,665 points.

Next, as a Gold member, I earn a 25% bonus on the base points. 2,665 x 25% = 663.

The last way I earned points is the 50% Bonus on Base Points is from choosing the Points & Points option. This option earns you an additional 5 Bonus Points per $1 spent.






Overall, the haul was pretty nice, but where did the last 2,900 points come from. Great question! One of the most important decisions on any trip is which credit card to use. This decision was easy for me. The card I used was the Citi Hilton Reserve:


The card earns you 10 points for every $1 spent on a Hilton Portfolio.


My $290 stay earned me 2,900 points from the credit card.

Credit Card - 2,900 points

Hotel Stay - 11,543 points

Total: 14, 543

A great haul for 1 stay at a Hilton!

What is the most points you have ever earn in 1 stay?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                              Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

1 comment:

  1. Hilton points earned: 26,645
    United miles earned: 3,500
    See my post on it here, with MT to you! :)
    http://first2board.com/travelblawg/sign-up-for-all-promos-hilton-conrad/

    ReplyDelete