Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Cold Shower Turns Into An Important Travel Lesson

On Saturday morning, I awoke to take a shower at the Hilton. After a long night, all I wanted was a nice hot shower. What did I get? Ice cold water.

Photo Credit: http://gettingstronger.org


On my way to breakfast, I sent this tweet:



I meant to say.... "brrrr....no hot water this morning at @hiltonhotels Stamford."

Less than 15 minutes later, I got this response from Hilton Help


I sent them my confirmation number and I got this response:


Shortly after this tweet arrived, I received a call on my cell phone from the on-duty manger. She wanted to explain that the engineers had informed her that hot water was slowly going back to normal levels. I explained to her that the tweet was joke, but I appreciated the call.

In less than 90 minutes from my initial tweet, I got a call from the manager. Even though the call was not necessary, it was cool that @hiltonhelp got management to call me. Hopefully, I could get the same attention when I actually need something.

Most other hotel have twitter accounts as well:

Hyatt - @hyattconcierge

Starwood - @starwoodbuzz

IHG - @ihgcare

Marriott - @marriott

Kimpton - @kimpton

I think its important to follow all of them. You never know when you might need them.

Social Media, how did we exist without you? Oh, that's right, we had to complain in person.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment