Sunday, September 16, 2012

Who am I reading at the moment?

To be successful in the frequent mile game, one must do his or her research. However, its extremely difficult to be on top of every deal, promotion or trick. To stay up to date, on the latest in the community, one must devote time each day to reading blogs.

If you are reading this blog, you have made the first step. Chris and I love you all for reading and supporting us, but we want to urge you to read other blogs as well. Due to the nature of our jobs, we aren't able to post during the work day about flash mileage runs or credit card offers.

On this lazy Sunday, due in large part to our activities on Saturday, we both will post about our what blogs we are following at the moment:

In no particular order:

I read almost everyone's blog on Boarding Area, but these are the ones I go to first:

New Girl In the Air - She is a twenty something, like me, who is addicted to this points hobby. She
                              always post simple, but valuable travel deals

Loyalty Traveler - He is the Guru of the Frequent Hotel Programs and Promotions. He writes solely
                           on hotel frequent stayer programs and their promotions. The level of analysis
                           that he devotes to his posts is mind blowing. Great search function if you are
                           looking for a particular deal.

Just Another Points Traveler - Similar to the New Girl (above), my age and economic status,
                                             who aspires to travel the world.

Delta Points - All things about Delta. Since, I am new to Delta, he has been added to my list.

Mommy Points - Talks about the trials and tribulations of traveling with a young one. I read her
                         because it reminds me daily why I don't want to have kids. Little "C", her
                         daughter, is an angle on most trips, but its all the extra work to go somewhere
                         that makes me want to say "no thanks" to kids. Also, she is great about posting
                         promotions and deals in real time.

View from the Wing - As I stated before here, Gary and his blog were my gateway drug. He was
                                the first blog, I ever read and a must read. He talks about everything and
                                anything about what  is happening in our community. Not always a place to
                                find the latest deals, but always a blog that makes you thinking about
                                something in a different way.

I use to read the blog site, Upgrd, religiously, but the bloggers talk about the same stuff all the time: trip reports. Now, I check in once and a while, but I try to follow Doublewides Fly. Rocky, is a young kid, who loves to travel and asks the questions, we are all thinking, like "Is complaining to United Even Worth It?"

I read a few independent blogs:

The Points Guy -  overall a great general blog. He goes deep into travel promotions to determine if
                          they are valuable or not. In addition, he answers reader's questions on Sundays.


Michael W. Travels - Michael frequently blogs about contests to win points and trips. I have never
                               won, but they say, you can't win if you don't enter.

One final blog, you must read is Straight Guy in the Queer Sky. This blog has nothing to do with travel points, but shows the other side of travel, a flight attendant. He is an inspiration for me to travel the world.

Those are a few of the blogs I read, who are you reading now?


1 comment:

  1. I just happened to come across your post mentioning my blog. Thank you for reading. I am wishing you luck on a win in the future!
    I hope that you also enjoy my trip reports and other non contest offerings! :)

    ReplyDelete