Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Delta GrandSlam – Join Me!


While the rest of the frequent flyer blogsphere waits with baited breath about US Airways' Grand Slam, I have decided to participate in my own mini “Delta Grand Slam.”

Delta is offering those who have never had a Delta SkyMiles account an opportunity to earn up to 40,000 bonus miles. I need to thank Rene, of Delta Points Blog, for finding and publishing this great opportunity.

Did you just sign up for a SkyMiles account within the past 30 days? You may still be eligible. Go here and enter your SkyMiles number to see if you are eligible. 

Since I have never flown Delta nor had a SkyMiles account, I thought this was a great opportunity to start.  If you are new to the “game” or never had a Skymiles account, this is an excellent opportunity to start earning miles.

New Member Challenge aka Delta Grand Slam!!!

The New Member Challenge is broken up into 5 categories:
  1. Flying
  2. Credit Card
  3. Lounge Access
  4. Using Miles
  5. Partner Rewards
Each of the five categories requires you to complete actions to gain miles.

Flying:

Delta will offer you bonus miles for the first five flights that you take with them. 5,000 bonus miles for your first flight and 2,500 miles for your next four subsequent flights. (I think these have to be roundtrips, but the rules do not state that. I flew roundtrip to Atlanta earlier this month and only got 5,000 miles – If you have received bonus miles from this promotion for a one-way flight, please let us know in the comments).

Credit Card:

Delta will give you 5,000 bonus miles if you apply and are approved for the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.

Lounge Access:

Delta will credit you 10,000 bonus miles for purchasing a 1- or 3-year membership to the Delta Skyclub. 

Use Miles:

Get a 5,000 mile rebate, when you spend 10,000 or more on airline trips, hotels, car rentals and much more.

Partner Rewards:

Earn 500 for each unique partner (up to 10 partner transactions) you participate and earn miles, within the first year of your membership.

Over the next few weeks and months, I will share cheap and sometimes not-so-cheap ways to accomplish each of the following tasks and earn the bonus miles.

My goal is by the end of 2012 to have between 40,000 to 50,000 miles in my SkyMiles account. As I stated previous, I started with my trip to Atlanta.

Want to join me? If your answer is yes, then your first step is to sign-up for a SkyMiles membership account and number. To do this, go here.

After signing up for a SkyMiles account, go here to register your SkyMiles number for the promotion.

I would recommend taking a screen shot of the registration page after you have registered and save it on your computer. I have signed up for some promotions and later on there is no record of me doing so. This screen shot may help you later on if you have problems. You can also check to see if you are registered for this promotion by going back to the registration screen a day or two later and entering your SkyMiles number. It will tell you if you are registered.

For all of the newbies watching from the sideline of "the game," it's time for you to join us! This promotion is a great low cost way to start building your frequent flyer account balance, allowing you the ability to start crossing destinations on your travel goal list.

Will you join me?



No comments:

Post a Comment