Friday, September 14, 2012

We need your travel suggestions: Denver and Chicago

I figured this would be a good post to talk about the travel that I have for the rest of the year since you have heard about JD's last minute trip to San Diego coming up.

Once I got Kelsey hooked on trips using miles and points it was hard to slow her down enough to build in a pause for our fall travel schedule so September and October finds us just having one weekend actually at home.

This month we will be heading to Denver and Chicago and we need your help!

What should we do in Denver and Chicago?

I used to go Denver ever summer on the way to my grandparent's cabin in beautiful Estes Park, but I haven't been back in 5 or 6 years.

What places should we visit? What restaurants should we try? What bars should we head to?

As for Chicago we will be meeting up with Kelsey's family and a few of her friends...what's a good local place to try downtown?

We need you to pitch in and let us know what things we should try and where we can't miss!

PS - I've been meaning to add this in...but if you are heading to DC anytime soon...let me know and if I am free I would love to meet other points and miles fanatics and show you my city!


2 comments:

  1. If you haven't tried deep dish pizza I definitely recommend it in Chi-town. Giordanos was my fav...took an hr to make but worth it. Also check out Navy Pier. Lots of places to eat and drink. Did you know there was a flyer talk DC happy hr/meet up thread. Haven't gone but want to! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1307584-2012-dc-area-happy-hour-thread-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elena, I love deep dish!

    I didn't know about the DC happy hour/meet up...but I am going to have to start watching this one and maybe see if MilePoint has a DC meet up thread as well!

    If you end up planning to go to one, let us know! Would love to meet you and say hello!

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete