Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Delta Grand Slam – My Strategy for the Partner Section


Last week, I laid out the rules of the partner section of the Delta Grand Slam here. Now, I want to lay out my own strategy for this section.  As I learned in last year’s US Airways Grand Slam, it is always a good idea to have 1 or 2 safety hits, just in case one hit does not trigger the bonus.

Here are the 11 partners, I plan to use:

  1. Skymiles Shopping
  2. Thanks Again
  3. 1800 Flower/FTD (probably for my Grandmother)
  4. SkyMiles Dining
  5. eMiles
  6. Erewards
  7. Point.com Transfer
  8. Biscoff (I am addicted to their cookies)
  9. Point transfer from Club Carlson
  10. Supershuttle
  11. Hotel Stay, probably Hilton (double dip feature)

The list of 11 partners list above will become a road map, but a helpful reminder. For example, every time I need to buy something online, I will go to the Skymiles Shopping mall, to see if the merchant is apart of the online mall.

In addition, the list above helps in planning upcoming trips. For example, if I am between a Hilton hotel and another chain, knowing that I can get a hit from using Hilton’s double dip feature; will make me lean towards Hilton. Ditto on crediting a future car rental to Delta.

In a post to follow later in this week, I will detail how I am going to turn my upcoming trip to San Diego into a point earning bonanza including completing at least three partners list above. 

What's on your partner list fellow Delta Grand Slammers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment