Thursday, November 21, 2013

Southwest Joins The Party

I received an email letting me know that Southwest is now approved for gate to gate electronic use.











Southwest was the last of the major US carriers to get approved for gate to gate service.





















Unlike the other carriers, Southwest will allow use of their WIFI system from Gate to Gate. According to USA Today, passenger airline carriers with Gogo in-flight service will still have to wait until cross the 10,000 feet threshold. This is a major advantage for Southwest.

I am a big fan of Southwest's WIFI  / DirectTV system. I wrote about it here.

Southwest has a major advantage that their WIFI system starts at the gate!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment