Wednesday, November 20, 2013

HELP! Going to Buenos Aires

I just noticed that I am headed to Buenos Aires in less than 10 days.

http://snowbrains.com

Yup, this trip kind a crept up on me. I am taking my mother on her first international trip. However, I have failed to do research on what do there, where to eat or see.

So, I am asking for some help....

Have you been to the Paris of the South? Know of some great resource.

Any guidance would be appreciated!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

2 comments:

  1. The MOST important thing to know is the Blue Dollar. Google it for more info, but basically, the Argentine Peso is rapidly devaluing and the local citizens are doing anything to get a hold of USD. While it may not be great for your credit card points, you can get up to 50% directly at many retailers off if you make purchases in USD cash. Obviously, not at chain grocery stores, but major hotels, car rental and apparel retailers are all open to giving you great FX rates for your USD (MUCH MUCH better than the banks or the currency exchanges). No need to even go to any shady currency exchange places. The retailers will directly give you a rate.

    Note: you will not be able to pull USD from any ATM or banks while you're in Argentina. The gov't has shut down any of those attempts to get USD. The only way is to bring US currency with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get some ideas from my trip report:

    http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/travel-reports/megatrip-planes-trains-and-cows/

    ReplyDelete