Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fandango Gift Card Promotion

Last night after work, I really really want to go see Hunger Games. I am a big Hunger Games fan. I have read all of the books twice. Yes, one of my guilt little pleasures.



Yesterday was the opening of the movie and as a dum dum, I forgot to reserve tickets in advance. When I went online all the shows were sold out except the after-midnight showings. I was exhausted at 8pm and didn't think I would be able to stay up until 12:45 for the movie. So, I made the most rational decision, go see another movie beforehand!

The other movie I was to see was Delivery Man with Vince Vaughn.


The problem was that both were not playing at the same movie theater. Delivery Man started at 9:45, at one movie theater and Hunger Games, at another across town at 12:45. Luckily, I had an hour between the two.

Movies are expensive to watch at movie theaters. I remember my hometown had a $0.99 movie theater than ran movies 4 months after they came out. It was wonderful. Movies today can cost $12.00.

When I was booking my tickets, I remembered that Fandango was having a sale on gift cards. If you had a Visa Signature card, you got 20% off gift cards.


My Chase Sapphire and Business Southwest credit cards both have the Visa Signature logo on them. My guess is that you have a card as well. with the logo. To use the promotion, go here.

With the discount, I got $25 worth of movies for $20. Within a minute of ordering the gift card, I got an email with the code to purchase my tickets. Buying the two tickets cost me $26.50 ($12 a ticket plus $1.25 convenience fee for both). So $21.50 after the 20% discount. Not bad for an extra few minutes worth of work.

Both movies are worth seeing. I wish Delivery Man was a little more funny, but I still left with a smile on my face. On the other hand, Hunger Games was fantastic even with them skipping some MAJOR parts from the book. cough cough THE POCKET WATCH cough cough.

Go to the movies and save some $$$ with the Fanadango Gift Card Promotion. Another secondary benefit of your credit card that you already have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment