Friday, November 22, 2013

I Pulled The Trigger

Last month, I asked the question, "should I pay for ambassador status?" Overall, the response that I received was a resounding yes!


For the next six weeks, I sat on making the decision. I wasn't positive that I wanted to pull the trigger. Paying 32,000 points or $200 is a lot for status that I might use infrequently.

Last weekend, I pulled the trigger and spent 32,000 points on the Ambassador status. My decision to use points rather than cash was easy decision. Due to the IHG's The Big Win Promotion, I have a good stash of points.

Four days after I applied, I received this email:

























My status with IHG already reflects the ambassador status:


My first stay at an Intercontinental Hotel is next week. I am excited to see what the status gets me . . .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

3 comments:

  1. May I ask - have you requalified for Platinum next year? If not, do you expect to remain Platinum Ambassador for 2014 or do you expect to be demoted to Gold Ambassador?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Steve - I have Platinum status due to holding the Priority Club /IHG Credit Card. As long as I have the card, I should have Platinum Status as a benefit.

      Delete
  2. Thanks - yes, after I posted I thought that might be the case. I was wondering if they would keep Platinum Ambassadors whose status is expiring at that level, or would downgrade them to Gold Ambassador (and reissue a card in 2014). I suspect it's the latter.

    ReplyDelete