Saturday, October 12, 2013

Update: Should I Pay for Ambassador Status?

Earlier this week, I wrote a post asking for people's opinion on paying for Intercontinental Ambassador Status.


I never though I would ever get the responses I did. One of my goals of this blog is to ask questions of those who are smarter than me. For that reason, I am going share some of the responses I got.  Much thanks to @InterConHotels for retweeting my question. 









Here is a direct link to the article that Head for Points talked about. Head for Points is a great UK based blog that is a must read even if you live in the US. 

@Svenluckermans left the following detailed comment on the blog post:


I would like to thank everyone who gave me there insight: 


Conclusion:

After reviewing all the comments, Ambassador Status makes sense if you are going to have at least 3 paid stays at Intercontinental Hotels. Upgrades have been report on award stays, but they aren't guaranteed. The BOGO weekend cert can make up for the $200 enrollment fee, but some say the cost of the first night might be more than paying for 2 nights.

What am I thinking about paying for Ambassador Status?

I am leaning towards yes. I know that I have at least 2 paid stays at Intercontinental Hotels in the next year; however, $200 is alot of money. If I do apply for Ambassador Status, I think I might use points, as I just earn quite a few from a recent stay

Are you thinking of getting Ambassador Status? If so, points or cash?



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment