Friday, October 4, 2013

Sometimes Leaving Points On The Table Is Ok!!!

I received an email from Southwest offering me 500 Bonus Points if I buy or gift Rapid Reward points:



































Most of the time, I would jump at 500 points, but not this offer.

According to the terms and conditions, to earn the 500 points you have to buy or gift at least 1,000 points.
The cost to purchase or gift 1,000 points is $27.50





I have no need to buy or gift points. If I participated in this deal, in essence I would spending $27.50 for 1500 points or $0.01833 per point. Most bloggers agree that 1 Rapid Reward point is only worth $0.0163.
Therefore, I would be overpaying to earn 500 points.

Its ok to sometimes leave points on the table!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment