Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Surprise On My Door Step

Earlier this week, I came home to a big box at my door. I was surprised, because I don't remember ordering anything. I opened the box and found these 6 bottles of wine:


What do these bottles represent? A failure! Yes, these bottle of wine are a points failure.

Let me explain.....

As part of August United Miles Challenge, I decided to sign-up for the Vinesse Wine Club.



Vinesse Wine Club was offering those with Chase United MileagePlus Credit Cards 2,500 miles if you sign-up for the wine club. For $41.99, you would get 6 wines and 2,500 United Miles.


In August, I received the 6 wines and the 2,500 miles.

However, I forgot to cancel my wine subscription. I forgot to cancel the WINE SUBSCRIPTION.
I did not notice until the box of wine arrived this week. Sure enough, there is a charge on my credit card for the wine subscription for $121.14.


I paid $121.14 for 6 bottles of wine. 6 bottles of wine that will take a year to drink. The only good news is that I will earn 4,000 MileagePlus miles as well. After your second shipment, you earn additional 4,000 miles.


One of my goals of the blog is to share my failures. These 6 bottle of wines are a failure. The lesson I hope you take from my failure is to put reminders on your calender to cancel subscriptions. Many of the best points earning offers involve some type of subscription. Without those reminders, you may be shelling out unnecessary money and you may not be so lucky to get 6 bottles of out of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like you bought United Miles for 2.45 cents each, and got 12 free bottles of wine out if it. Sounds like a pretty elegant way to fail.

    ReplyDelete