Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Suite Life @ Grand Hyatt Washington, DC

For the blog's 1st Anniversary Party, I decided to get a suite at Grand Hyatt located in downtown Washington, DC. The hotel is located at the corner of H and 11 Street.

Picture from Trip Advisor
The hotel was $125 a night. I booked on the AAA rate. To get the suite, I used my last suite certificate provided to me from Chase Hyatt Visa for being a platinum member.

When you enter the Grand Hyatt, your first impression is wow. The place is huge and some much is going around. The first thing you notice is how big the place actually is. The lobby is a circle with much natural light.




When I arrived, a tour bus just pulled up and unloaded 50 guests. I was a little nervous as I only had 2 hours before the party started. However, the bell hop asked me if I had status. After I told him I had platinum status, he brought me right to the front desk cutting 40+ waiting in line. Thank you Chase Hyatt. The check-in desk is to the left of the lobby.


The center of the lobby looks down into a water with a piano.

                           

The room I was given was a Grand King Suite. The suite consisted of a living room and a bedroom.

                             
                              

As you see, the room was spacious and very modern. I liked the different color of greens throughout the living room.





The bedroom had a king bed, a desk and large cabinets: 




 


The bathroom had a separate shower, jet hot tube (did not work) and vanity. The bathroom was the only thing that did not fit in the room. It had an old feel to it.




The suite was a perfect size for the party.






I used the gym in the morning. 

                          


One of the coolest things in the hotel is the American Flag hanging from the glass ceiling in the lobby. One a sunny day, the flag is amazing. I recommend going to the top floor for the best view.


The hotel has a restaurant on the floor below the lobby. I did not get to try it out due to front desk not telling me the breakfast ends at 10am. The front desk failing to tell me my breakfast vouchers expired at 10am was just the tip of the iceberg on the qualify of the customer service level of the staff. In addition, the whirl pool hot tub and the refrigerator in my room did not work. I wrote here about the problems with the hotel. So far my complaints have gone unanswered.

Would I stay here again? Maybe




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment