Friday, September 13, 2013

I Earned Miles on My Nationals' Baseball Tickets

During my 31 Ways To Earn United Miles, I talked about the ticket seller ScoreBig.com. ScoreBig.com is the Priceline of ticket sellerss. Unlike other online ticket sellers, you bid on the price that you want to pay for particular tickets and ScoreBig.com tells you if they accept the bid or not.
The benefit of ScoreBig.com is that you can earn United miles for ever $1 spent at ScoreBig.com.  Plus you first order will earn you an additional 1,000 miles.




Last month, I tried out ScoreBig to purchase tickets for a Nationals baseball game. My goal was to get cheap ticket to the 8/31 Nats tickets, so I could go to the Gavin DeGraw concert.


I choose 3 Star tickets . . .



And bid $15 a ticket. I was unsure that they would accept my bid based upon their offer status bar, but they did. I should have tried $10 a ticket.

Not The Status Bar When I  Bought The Tickets


Communication from ScoreBig was amazing. An email was sent after my winning bid congratulating me. Another was sent telling me my tickets would be sent via FEDEX and another email was sent with my FEDEX tracking number. Overall, I felt very well communicated.

In addition, I was impressed with the speed the miles posted to my United account. The points posted within days of me purchasing the tickets. Actually, I got the points before the tickets arrived.




My only complaint was that they FEDEX me tickets that could have been emailed to me. They were printed off tickets, so they wasted money on shipping me tickets.

I was very satisfied with ScoreBig.com and I will defiantly use them again.

The best part, I got to see Gavin Degraw:





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment