Saturday, September 21, 2013

How Many Miles Could I Earn In 1 Hour?

I wrote here about how you can earn miles through taking surveys.


Opinion Miles Club has partnered with United Airlines to earn miles for completing surveys.


Unlike other mile earning survey companies, Opinion Miles Club directly deposits the miles into your United MileagePlus account within a day, if not hours of completing a survey. No need you to transfer miles and wait 6 to 8 weeks.




Reader David left a comment that he has earned 6,400 miles in the past several weeks. That is over 20% of the miles needed for a round-trip award ticket in the United States.

David's comment got me thinking. How many points could I earn in an hour taking surveys? Last night, I put the question to test. For one hour with no interruptions, I took surveys. The result was that I earned 220 miles in 60 minutes, a little less than 4 miles a minute. I completed 4 surveys and time-out of 3 others.

The best part was the miles posted within an hour:






Not to shabby. You aren't going to get mile rich off of surveys, but its a free way to earn points!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

1 comment:

  1. Don’t waste your time with the Opinion Miles Club scheme!
    In August 2013 I signed up for the program and, tolerably, I did not qualify for the first survey I tried. I had only spent about ten minutes filling in the pre-survey questions to determine this. So, no harm, no foul.
    The second survey, however, I did qualify for. I spent almost half an hour completing it. At the end the site acknowledged that I had finished it but that I had to install some software on my cell phone. When I declined, it kicked me off the system!
    A subsequent appeal to customer service resulted in a completely canned “non-answer”. In the best tradition of lousy customer service, the answer was a long-winded “you’ll get the points in a few weeks”. Big surprise, but guess what? No points.
    Today (11/7/13) I logged on again to see if there was anything new. The site says that my email address isn’t even in their records.
    Bottom line- If you want to send your worst enemy on a fool’s errand, tell them to try out the Opinion Miles Club.

    ReplyDelete