Thursday, September 12, 2013

Should I or Shouldn't I Particpate?

Most of the community has discussed the 2,000 mile offer from AAdvantage Shopping mall for spending $35 by September 30th.  My problem is deciding to participate or not.


When I first glanced at the email with the promotion, I dismissed it. All I read was the subject headline. I though the spend was higher based upon previous similar promotions.  After a few days of blog posts, I went back to the promotion's email and finally read the details:

Still I did not plan on participating. I couldn't come up with anything to purchase that cost $35. My next thought was to just spend $35 on anything to earn the points. Earning 2,000+ points for spending $35 is a good deal. To purchase 2,000 miles from AA, the cost would be $93.43.


Yesterday, Frequent Miler had a great write up about the promotion. It was in this article that I got a closer look at the promotion and I missed an important detail. The $35 spend requirement is "cumulative" not all in one purchase. I never clicked the link on the email, so I missed the terms and conditions!

With this new information, I am leaning towards participating in the promotion. However, I still can't think of something or things to purchase.  The only thing I NEED is a purple morph suit for the upcoming Northwestern football game in October.

 But $50 is more than I want to spend for the suit. I bought Blue for $20 at Walmart.


If you are undecided like me, Frequent Miler post has some interesting ways to complete this spend, but none of them make sense for me.

Therefore, I still have a conundrum.  To participate or not?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment