Sunday, April 28, 2013

US Airways Adds TSA PreCheck On Boarding Passes

Last week, Delta Points and Lucky wrote about a positive change to the TSA PreCheck program. Now, passengers will no longer have to guess if they have PreCheck for their particular flight, as it will be printed on your ticket.

On my way to CT, I saw a little surprise on my ticket:



I was so excited. The first perk of my global entry. I walked up to security agent, he scanned my pass, I got the three beeps. The agent says, "congrats you have been cleared for PreCheck." My heart raced with thoughts of an easy time through security (as I was totally not prepared). And then he popped my happy bubble, "Sorry sir, the PreCheck lane is closed after 8pm"  Womp- Womp!!!!

From what I understand, Delta and US Airways are the only two airlines that have the notification of the PreCheck on boarding passes at the moment. The other approved TSA PreCheck airlines will eventually provide notification on their boarding passes in the near future.

One major step in the right direction for TSA!!!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment