Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Points and Life Update

One of the reasons I am writing this blog is to keep a journal of my crazy doings in my late twenties. Here is a little update on what has happened in Q1 and what I have on deck for the rest of the year:

Quarter 1

  • I earned 183,000+ points in Q1, on track for 600,000 for the 2013
  • Visit a new state on my trip to Portland, Oregon
  • Tried Voodoo Doughnuts (more here)
  • Finished my $20,000 spend on British Airways Chase
Quarter 2
  • Need to finish my Southwest Companion Pass (2,100 points short), read more here
  • Need to complete Hyatt 5,000 bonus miles after $3,000 spend, read more here
  • Decided what to do with British Airways and United Credit Cards - Bye Bye or Annual Fee Time???
  • What credit cards for next application? Alaskan Airlines? Priority Club?
  • Do I participate in this in US Airways Promotion? (HT View From The Wing
Upcoming Travel 
  • 4/26-4/28Connecticut - Haven't been home in 10+ months
  • 5/4 - Mileage run to SFO
  • 5/10-5/12 - Blogging Conference in COS
  • Memorial Day Weekend Trip - ???
  • June - New Hampshire or Long Island
  • July - Alaska
  • August - New York City
  • September - Taking my mom to South America
  • September - Will Travel for College Football: UCONN
  • Columbus Day Weekend - Norfolk, VA
  • October - Will Travel for College Football: Northwestern???
  • November - Will Travel for College Football: Penn State
  • November - 10 Year High School Reunion
  • December - Will travel for College Football: D3 Championship
  • December - End of Year Trip???
Things I am Working On For The Blog
  • Expedia Frequent Stayer Program
  • Is Alaska the best airline for newbies?
  • Anatomy of a Mileage Run
  • Some other things....
Oh, and I have to squeeze in work somehow, tiny little detail. If you need help with financing to buy a new home or refinance your mortgage in Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia or Delaware (NMLS #527599), please email me below. I would love to help you out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment