Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Don't Like Choices: Hilton Q1 Promotion

I am a very indecisive person. When given multiple choices, I can't make a decision quickly. I spend way to much time weighing the pros and cons of the question before making a decision

For this reason, I am stuck on which Hilton's Q1 Promotion to go for: Double Points or Double Miles.


To participate, one needs to register here. One must choice Double Your Points or Double Your Miles at time of registration. What makes this promotion difficult, you can not change your choice after registration. 

The promotion runs from January 7th though March 31st, 2013.

This is where my problem lies. I can't decided between points or miles.

Currently, I have one stay (two nights) at a Hilton scheduled, during the period of this promotion. My schedule does not look like another Hilton stay is in the bag.

So, here is where my brain starts to go into overload.

The base rate for my stay is $105 a night or a total of $210 for my stay. 

If I choice Double Points and switch my Hilton earning preference to Points and Points, I earn 15 base points per dollar spent. Therefore, my $210 would typically earn 3150 points, but due to double miles, I would earn 6300 points.

On the other hand, if I choose Double Miles and switch my Hilton earning preference to Points and Fixed Miles, I would earn 2100 Hilton Points and 500 airline miles. Due to Double Miles, I will earn 1000 airline miles, most likely United.

I am leaning towards Double Points, but can't make the commitment, yet. 

Knowing my luck, I will be writing in April about how I forgot to register for the promotion. (Let's hope not).

Am I alone in this indecisiveness? 


No comments:

Post a Comment