Sunday, January 26, 2014

Not Going To Buenos Aires Again

On a late night in November, The Flight Deal post an amazing deal from Mexico City to Buenos Aires. The total cost of this trip less than $160.

The trip would net about 10,000 miles. However, what I was most excited about was that one segment was on AeroMexico's Dreamliner.

Image from Boeing
One of my goals is to fly on every airline's 787. I know kinda geeky. This was the main reason why I booked this trip.

Earlier this month, I wrote about how I am having trouble with my name on tickets. One of the two tickets with problems is this one.

I first noticed a problem with the tickets, when I was trying to pick seats on LAN. A quick call to Orbitz, who I booked the ticket with, that LAN's computer cancelled the tickets. However, LAN would only reissue the tickets if I had a passport with the name JD Teitelman, the name on the ticket. The problem is that my passport says J David Teitelman. After 3 weeks back and forth, Orbitz told me I would not have a ticket, but they would offer me a $150 travel voucher for future use.

Overall, I am very satisfied with how Orbitz tried to help me out. They did almost everything possible to make it happen.

Am I disappointed about not going on this trip. Not really. I love the idea about going on the trip, but I was dreading doing the trip. Flying for 20+ hours on four flights sounds daunting.

Like last year, I have a feeling my boss is going to Ground me like a 787 again for the Spring market. The excitement in the real estate market is growing and I have a feeling that we are going to be busy. That means not weekend jaunts to far off places.

Therefore, Buenos Aires, I ain't going to see in 2014!

         ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jdteitelman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment