Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Hotel First For Me

In my entire life, I have stayed at maximum 200 nights in hotels. This past weekend, I went to Boston with a friend and experienced a hotel first: hearing my neighbors have sex. To be honest, I could have had past hotel stays that this occurred and I either forgot or did not notice. However, this weekend, my neighbors were particularly loud.

FoxNews.com

It all started on Saturday night around midnight, when I heard a moan, then some slapping, and then some very vulgar words. I will save you any more details. I don't know if the walls were thin or that we had a connecting door that contributed to me hearing their private session.


The noise left me awake and got me to thinking: is their etiquette on having sex in a hotel particularly involving noise? I did a quick search online to find the answer and I was shocked by the amount of information out there on this subject. After reading a bunch, there tends to be three rules that everyone agrees on:

1) Drown Out Your Noise With The TV or Music

2) Be Conscience of What Time It Its

3) Stop or Quite Down if Contacted By Hotel Staff


I don't think any of these rules are overbearing. As much as you have a right to "do your business," your neighbors have a right to expect not to hear your business.

Did I complain? No, it didn't bother me enough. Maybe gave me a little shock. Also,  it last no more than 5 minutes.

Have you encountered this? If so, did you complain?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for me? E-mail me at jdteitelman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment