Monday, June 3, 2013

Travel Help: Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo

Can you believe it's June already? I know I can't, it seems like it was just May a few days ago (**rimshot** just give it to me, it's Monday). But this summer is so busy I have resigned myself to just do my best to keep my head above water.

Through the month of May I was traveling every weekend, what I have coined the anti-roadwarrior, and managed to fly into every timezone in the United States during the month, which is kind of awesome. Though unlike JD I am never tired of traveling. I absolutely would trade every weekend for a trip up in the air if  I could. That's not to say that I don't like home or don't like my own bed....but I would trade it all to go somewhere new every weekend.

But traveling every weekend in May combined with the impending move to Seattle via Australia and Asia has me a little stressed out. Weeknights are spent packing up boxes and selling things to people on Craig's List...or waiting for them to pick them up three or four hours after they said they would originally be there. The end result though has been some great bonuses on Membership Rewards points for shipping stuff all across the country.

 map


Today I realized though that our trip to Australia and Asia is just about a month away and while we have our plans mostly finalized, I know we have no idea what we are going to do on our 23-hour layovers in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore and our nine hour layover in Tokyo. So I need your help travel community. You have never failed me in the past and given some great suggestions. I base most of my travel around the food that I can get that is unique to the area and Kelsey wants to go shopping I think she's just angling to buy another suitcase ;). I would love to see some of the major sites in each city, but if they are just tourist hubs that can be missed and there is a better way to get a real feel for each of these cities, I want to know about it! So....where should we go?


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

1 comment:

  1. There many world famous attractions to see in these cities. You can make a pre plan about some places that can be visited in short time.

    ReplyDelete