Friday, June 14, 2013

Tapping Out - I'm Done with US Airways Grandslam Lite

I'm done! I'm finished! I am tapping out! I can't take it any more....

Yes, I am tapping out of what I dubbed here as US Airways Grandslam Lite.  As a quick refresher, one earns bonus points for completing purchases at particular merchants. The more purchases one makes, the more bonus points that one earns up to a 100% bonus.


On May 23, Mommy Points wrote that she decided against participating based upon the unclear rules. Even with the unclear rules, I decided to move forward. Participate now; argue about the details later. I even had a plan to maximize the twelve hits to get earn the 100% bonus:


Hits 1-6 - Dining Rewards
Hit 7 - SkyMall
Hit 8 & 9- FTD/1800 Flowers - Mother's Day Gifts
Hit 10 - Wine Insiders
Hit 11 - Dividend Storefront (Best Buy)
Hit 12 - Dividend Storefront (Kiehl's)

My intention was to spend no more than $100 on unnecessary expenses ie things I don't need.

Now 45 days into this promotion, I have only completed 3 dining reward stays. 3 visits to the local smoothie shops and now I don't know if it is worth the money to continue.  

I forgot to send flowers for Mother's Day and I don't really need anything from the SkyMall. With that, I am down three hits and a ton of points.

On top of that, I was planning on counting purchases at Staples, Best Buy and Kiehls that I needed to make anyway. However, when I compare what I could earn with the US Airways Storefront compared to other shopping portals, I don't think its worth it. For instance, I could earn 1 point at Staples, 2 points at Kiehl's and 1 point at Best Buy with the US Shopping Portal. However, at the Ultimate Reward Portal, I can earn 1 point at Best Buy, 2 points at Staples, and 4 points at Kiehl's.  Some might argue that with the 100% bonus, I might be better off making the purchases through the promotion. I would agree except that I value Ultimate Reward points more than US Airways points.

For these reasons, I have decided to tap out and call it quits on the US Airways Grandslam lite.

Best of luck to all those still participating



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment