Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One More Goal Down


Last week, I hit a big milestone. I received Gold Status at Priority Club. Why is this a big deal? I have never EARNED status at a hotel before. Yes, I have Gold status at Hilton and Platinum at Hyatt, but those were given to me (Gold was earned at Hilton by plugging in credit card numbers and Platinum at Hyatt by their credit card.)

Earning this threshold was not difficult. One can earn Gold status by either earning 20,000 Qualifying Points or 15 Nights. I earned the majority of my points in 1 stay. Yes, 1 stay. 

Here is how I hit 20,000 points:

1) Priority Club Dining Rewards: 635

2) Priority Club Tool Bar Download: 500

3) Enrollment Bonus (Dining, Shopping, Visa Offers): 2000

4) Stay at Holiday Inn Express San Diego: 14,790

            1) 1290 base points for my stay 10pts per $1
            2) 5000 points for registering and using my Visa Card (I totally forgot I did this)
            3) 8500 points for registering codes for my stays

5) E-Rewards Transfer: 2,200

For a total of 20,995.

Was this easy? Somewhat. 

Did it take time? Yes. 

Could you do it? Of  Course.

What does Gold Status at Priority Club get you?

Nothing to great:

  • Points never expire 
  • 10% Bonus Points Earned on all Base Points
  • Extended Check-Out
  • Exclusive Toll-Free Service Line
  • Priority Check In™
  • No Blackout Dates for Reward Nights
  • Complimentary Weekday Newspaper
The better status is Platinum.
  • Points never expire 
  • 50% Bonus Earnings on top of Base Points
  • Extended Check-Out
  • Exclusive Toll-Free Service Line
  • Priority Check In™
  • No Blackout Dates for Reward Nights
  • Complimentary Weekday Newspaper
  • Complimentary Room Upgrades
  • Guaranteed Room Availability
To get platinum, you need to earn 60,000 Priority Club points or stay 50 times. I will never hit it on stays, but I may earn 60,000 points if I put an effort. (maybe 2013’s goal?). 

Or if this sounds to difficult, you could always get the Chase Priority Club credit card that offers you 60,000 points after spending $1000 in three months. One gets Platinum status as long as you hold the card and an annual free E-Certificate. The annual fee is $45 and not waived for the first year. 

I am very proud to cross this goal off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment