Saturday, October 6, 2012

Follow the Wisdom of the Fridge

All you can see in our apartment right now is maps and guidebooks strewn all over....that must mean it's almost time to go traveling!!!

Kelsey and I are leaving this week on our first fully miles and points funded trip to London and Amsterdam. I studied abroad in London but Kelsey only visited London for a few days so I can't wait to show her all of the places I used to hang out.

Thought we have all of these guidebooks I think our real plan is to just explore...one of my favorite things to do in a city is to just walk around and try to find something not in the guidebooks. It often manifests its self in a park that only the locals know about or a restaurant with amazing food for a cheap price.

I often call this process "The Wisdom of the Fridge" after a really funny book I read when I was in college called "Round Ireland With A Fridge" in which the author on a drunken bet tries to hitch hike around Ireland with a fridge. In the book he tries to force his destinations only to find that it doen't always work. But when he just relaxes and lets the fridge show him the way...he ends up having amazing adventures.

So...next weeks motto is...following the wisdom of the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment