Friday, October 5, 2012

Always Open Your Mail

Earlier this week, I came home from work and quickly through my mail in a pile. I never check the mail the day I receive it. Don't know why I do this, but it has become a part of my normal routine.

I was going disregard this flyer from Banana Republic, but I am happy I took a second look


The flyer offered me a $20 Reward Card if I used my Banana Republic Visa card 4 times outside of their stores before October 31, 2012. The details are here:


Looks like the Banana Republic card is going back into the wallet for a few days. $20 to spend at Banana Republic for swiping the credit card four times is to easy.

Why do I talk about this on a travel points blog? 

In the past, some of the best credit card sign-up bonuses have been sent via mail. For example, I received an offer for 50,000 bonus miles for getting the United Explorer Card. At the time, the best published offer was 40,000 miles. 

Chase has made it somewhat easier by creating this website. By going to this website, you can see if you have been targeted by Chase for any offers.

 Lesson Learned: Always open all of your mail in a timely manner. If something comes from a credit card company, open it up. It may be a sign-up bonus offer or bonus miles for spending in certain categories  Either way, it could mean more miles for you.


1 comment:

  1. Cool I didn't know about that website...book marked it!

    ReplyDelete