Tuesday, February 12, 2013

500 Delta SkyMiles for Paying Rent

HT to Nobb Travler

You can earn up to 500 Skymiles (or 1 Skymile per dollar up to $500) by using WilliamPaid.

WilliamPaid.com is a site that allows you to charge your rent from a credit card and pay your rent.

Good: You can earn points by paying your rent.

Bad: They charge 2.95% service charge or $2.95 per $100

If I were to use this service for my half of the rent ($1,350), it would cost me $41.30. Not worth it. In my situation, I am better off getting three Vanilla Cards @ $3.95 each = $11.85. I would be saving close to $30 a month or $360 a year.

The bonus is nice, but does not do enough for me to use there service. My best credit card would earn me 500 points for $500 spend, add in the 500 Skymile bonus, I net 1,000 for my first use. However, it will cost me $41.30, so I spending $0.0413 per point. No bueno! However, if you use this service already, its 500 points by a quick sign-up.

On the issue of Vanilla, my local drugstore move were they kept the Vanilla cars. Previously, they were with the rest of the gift cards:




However, during my last trip, I could not find them. I was going to chalk it up to a lost trip, until I was checking out and they were sitting by the register.



The clerk told me the move was due to them "becoming expremely popular and they want to see who is getting them." I checked two other drugstores and they had been moved by the register, as well. Therefore, if you can't find them, check by the cash registers or ask a clerk.

What is Vanilla? An easy way to hit spending requirments, but I'll let you google to find out more!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment