Monday, November 12, 2012

Reinstate Expired Miles!

I know this won't come as a surprise to some, but I logged into my United MileagePlus account the other day and noticed a new line on my account information. There was an "Expired Miles" link. Now before I started this wonderful hobby I had amassed about 25,000 United miles and since I was a poor college student I was flying mostly airlines that would give me my ticket home at the cheapest amount, caring little for the frequent flyer miles I could earn along the way. As a result I let 25,000 miles expire (it's ok it's ok take a deep breath and pick your jaw up off the floor). 

Well after starting to collect miles and points and realizing how powerful 25,000 miles is I had to kick myself over and over for letting those miles go. So when I saw those "Expired Miles" come back onto my United account I figured it was just the miles/points karma rubbing it in again. 

But then I clicked on the link and found out that I could restore those miles!!! For just $50 you can restore up to 25,000 miles into your account as long as it is within 18 months of when they expired. So....go run to your United account and see if you can restore some of those old miles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment