Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My End of the Year Trip

For the past couple of months, I have been in a funk. A travel funk! Which has led me to be a little grouchy and a little nasty at times. I am deeply thankful to my friends for overlooking my funk the past few weeks. The frown that has been accustomed to my face the past few weeks has been overtaken by a big smile. My travel slump is no more.

I excited to announce that my end of the year trip is to Tokyo.



After much debate, a little prayer and much luck, I was able to secure airline tickets and most of my hotel rooms solely with points with very out of pocket cost. Here is what I have booked:

IAD (DULLES - Washington, DC) on United Business Class to FRA (Frankfurt)

then board another flight . . .

FRA (Frankfurt) on ANA Business Class to NRT (Tokyo Narita)  -

Currently my ANA flight is on the Dreamliner, I am crossing my fingers it says that way.

In Tokyo, I plan on spending 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and at least 2 nights at the Hilton Tokyo. I have one night left unaccounted for with very limited points options left; therefore, I think this will be a cash paid night. The question is which spend a lot of money to spend a night at the Hyatt or Hilton or schlep my stuff to a third hotel. I have time to figure this out.

On my way home, I am flying America Airlines First Class from NRT (Tokyo Narita) to ORD (Chicago).

I will have an overnight at the W Hotel Lakeside and fly back to DC the next morning.

What I am most excited about is that this trip accomplishes quite a few of my travel goals:

1) Asia in Business Class - check

2) First Round the World Trip - check

3) Spending New Years outside of DC

4) First Christmas not in Connecticut

5) North America in First Class - check (neve to early to start all seven continents in First Class)

The smile has not left my face since I booked this trip. I have no idea what I will do in Tokyo at the moment, so I will need to do research before I leave. If you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.

The travel slump is over and this makes me happy!!!

Are you going somewhere for the holidays???

No comments:

Post a Comment