Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Considering the US Airways Club Offer

I'm sure many of you have seen the current offer that US Airways has to join the US Airways Club between now and November 18, 2012 for a discounted rate of $400 and 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles into your Dividend Miles account.

This offer appeals to me because a US Airways Club membership also allows you access into United Clubs and Star Alliance Lounges. As you know, United is my airline, but from time to time US Airways is cheaper than United or has the better routes so I will fly them and just credit the miles to United. That's the case in the coming months as I am flying both US Air and United so the thought of being able to access the lounge for those trips is looking better and better.

I know I don't travel as much as some, but the times I have been able to access lounges, through international travel or club passes, I really value the ability to have a nice place to sit, access to an outlet, a drink or two if I would like and a decent mix of snacks to eat then or take on the plane for later. That and the ability to catch up on some work makes this offer very attractive. I think if I am out in the main airport areas I sometimes end up spending enough on lunch or dinner to justify this over the long run.

Many would say, why not apply for the United Club Card or the Amex Platinum card, and normally that would most likely be my alternative plan. But, I just did my last churn a few months ago and I am not in a position right now to apply for any other cards...so this is going to be my option going into next year. The discounted price, the ability to access United Clubs (or as always use US Airways Clubs when flying on US) is really making me pause and consider going for this offer.

What do you think? Has anyone else had experience with this offer, participated in it in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment