Sunday, November 25, 2012

AMEX Small Business Saturday - Who I Supported!

Saturday was a super bus day for me. I had to go to work, because my boss is on vacation. Normally, no big deal, but I had never tried to get to my office building on a weekend. It turned out to be an adventure involving two buses and a cab. (Remember, I live a car free diet). After spending a few hours preparing for the upcoming week, I headed home and only at that point I remember its Small Business Saturday.

Yes, I know I made a post about it, but the transaction takes 2 steps. 1) Registering and 2) Making a purchase. I wonder how many people registered for the promotion and forgot to make the purchase. Well, I turned out not to be one of them, because I took the metro one extra stop to a small restaurant, Rabbit Grill. Rabbit Grill is located at the Clarendon Metro stop, directly across the street and around the corner.


In full disclosure, I have never eaten at this restaurant. I have always wanted to, because it looks very cool inside.


Also, the restaurant's menu looks amazing too. (website menu here)


Sandwiches, salads, and entrees all under $20, and not the typical sandwiches or salads either. The menu makes my mouth water.

However, I had dinner reservations that night and was not hungry. I remember reading Mommy Points saying she used her $25 credit on gift cards, last year. That's what I did with my $25 credit, I bought a gift card for a future meal. I will write a review of the restaurant, when I eat there.

Ok, so this is a points blog and you are wondering whats the angle on this deal. Well, I double dipped on this promotion. (Whats a double dip? Its when you earn two things for doing one thing). On this deal, Rabbit Grill is a member of Restaurant Rewards, so by buying the gift card, I also got Hilton Honor points. 
$25 = 200  Hilton Points....free points by getting free gift card! (Double Dip Baby!)

To be successful in this game, one needs to think about points at every transaction. 

I hope you had a fun Small Business Saturday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment