Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Check Your IHG Balances

(Major HT to Frugal Travel Lawyer)

Yesterday, Frugal Travel Lawyer reminded me of a very valuable benefit of the IHG Visa. The IHG/Priority Club Visa offers a variety of benefits:

















The most unique benefit of this Priority Club Card is the "10% Rebate on IHG Rewards Club Point Redemptions." Yes, I know the AAdvtange Citi Visa offers the same benefit. Use 30,000 points for one night at an Intercontinental and get 3,000 back after your stay. The 100,000 points maximum rebate is very generous.

Frugal Travel Lawyer's post was her story about not getting the rebate. After using points for an October stay, she still has not received the rebate. I forgot about this benefit. Forgot about it completely. On my trip to Buenos Aires, I used 90,000 Priority Club points for 3 nights at the Intercontinental. With the rebate, I should have receive 9,000 points back.

After reading her article, I went to my IHG account to see if I received the rebate. To my surprise, the 9,000 points were in my account.



Looking further down, I saw another rebate:



My initial reaction was confusion. Why was I getting 3,200 points back? After a few minutes, I remembered that I spent 32,000 points for my Ambassador Status. Was this a mistake?

The answer is no. According to a IHG customer service representative, the rebate is for any points redemption including ambassador status.

The moral of this post:

 "if you have the IHG Visa and have used IHG points, in 2013, make sure the rebate has hit your account."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment