Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Got Punk'd By United and Chase

I came home today from work to a mailer from Chase:


My Chase United anniversary package came. Inside was a nice letter thanking me for my loyalty ...


 And a nice brochure with pretty pictures:


  When I opened up the brochure, I found this:


 "Be our guest....twice. Enjoy these passes when you travel," but there was no passes attached. I saw the sticky glue thingy, but nothing attached. How am I suppose to be your guest without passes?

I called Chase and spoke with a representative. The conversation went something like this:

Me: I received my anniversary package today, but the club passes were missing.
Chase: Did you check the entire package?
Me: Yes, I see the glue, but nothing was attached. I checked the empty envelope and nothing was in it.
Chase: Did you check the brochure?
Me: Yes, the glue is there, but nothing is attached.
Chase: Hmmm...Silence for close to a minute.
Me: Is there someone else I should speak to?
Chase: No, I don't know how to handle this. I have noted your account and asked for this to be escalated.
Me: Ok
Chase: You will receive a letter with our determination in about a week.
Me: Will I get new passes?
Chase: Yes, in 3-6 weeks.
Me: Thank you???

3 to 6 weeks to receive replacement passes seems excessive. I can wait, I don't really need the passes anytime soon. However, punking someone in a letter thanking for my loyalty is not good customer service practice. 

All I can do is wait . . . 







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment