Saturday, March 9, 2013

"I think you're crazy..."


"I think you're crazy to go all that way for such a short amount of time." That's what a co-worker told me today as I left the office when she found out that Kelsey and I were heading out to Portland for the weekend...well...more like from 1:00 pm on Saturday until 2:30 pm on Sunday. Not only was that a short trip, but it's also my second trip in as many weeks.

Last weekend I went to Portland for a little longer, from 1:00 am Friday night until 3:00 pm Sunday, with JD and our friend Joe. This weekend I'm heading out with Kelsey and will be joined by my parents who live up in Seattle. I know that on the face of things it seems absolutely crazy to do such a thing...but the more and more I thought about it on the way home the less crazy it seems.

Take last weekend for an example. The three of us guys have not been able to hang out for that long anytime in the past few years. Jobs and life get in the way and happy hours are not long enough to fully catch up. It was great to spend time with two guys that were my closest friends through college and grad school and it was great to see how much we all still care about each other, even if we don't see each other as much as we used to.

This weekend is even better. Living in Washington, D.C. and having parents in Seattle has been hard over the past seven years. I'm an only child and so my parents are all I had growing up, and our relationship is very special. I get to see them at least four or five times a year, but that usually means a wait of a few months in between each visit. Though the weekend will be quick and will fly by before I know it, the chance to hug my parents and talk to them face-to-face while spending time with the love of my life along the way is priceless and I would travel around the globe for that (Points would be nice too **grin**).

But all joking aside...my co-worker was right...I am crazy. This hobby is a crazy thing and it makes us do weird things that others don't understand. But the experiences that come from that travel and that craziness....they are worth everything!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment