Sunday, March 3, 2013

DoubleTree Campbell Center Dallas, Tx


At the end of January I traveled to Dallas, Texas for a few days of work meetings and stayed two nights at at the DoubleTree Campbell Center. The hotel is located on the north east side of Dallas and is close to the NorthPark Center shopping mall and has a hotel shuttle that will take you anywhere within a three-mile radius.

I arrived after a bumpy flight in from DC and an even bumpier taxi ride with the craziest driver I have ever seen. There was one moment when we were in the far left lane, the next moment using the exit ramp on the right side to bypass traffic. But all that stress ended when I arrived at the DoubleTree. I was warmly greeted at the desk and given a delicious cookie (as always) and was given a corner king room on the top floor.

The lobby of the hotel is very Texas. Country music was playing (which I was OK with) and there was rustic looking wood floors all over and lots of big leather chairs in the lobby. The wood flooring extended to the elevators.

It looks like the latest updates to the property were to the lobby area because the room seemed kind of dated to me. But I was surprised to see that it was a very big room on the corner of the hotel that faced downtown Dallas. The room had floor to ceiling windows and gave me four windows to look out of.

When you walked into the room there was an open closet and then the bathroom which was a light stone color and was very simple.


When you walk into the main room the bed is on the left and has a full view of all of the windows, which was pretty cool to wake up to.

Bed 
In front of the bed is a nice big arm chair and to the right of that is a desk with chair.

Arm Chair and Desk Chair 
 Next to the desk is a dresser with a nice flat screen TV on top. Then next to that was a fridge and a coffee maker which I took full advantage of in the morning.

Desk, TV and Coffee Maker


 The room overall was very nice and nothing to complain about, until I tried to go to sleep later that night when I noticed that the deadbolt was missing a piece and so I couldn't fully lock the door. By this time it was late, I was exhausted and needed sleep so I just locked the other deadbolt and put a chair by the door (I know, that wouldn't have worked). I reported the problem the next morning and it was fixed by the time I got back and I had a message apologizing for the problem.




The best part of this hotel is the staff. They were always so nice when I needed something and they were always willing to fire up the hotel shuttle to take me to work and dinner every night. They also have great recommendations for restaurants in the area so be sure to take advantage of that! This was the perfect business hotel and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter @doit4thepoints! Have a question for us? E-mail us at chris@doitforthepoints.com or jd@doitforthepoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment